SYRACUSE, NEW YORK — A violent incident broke out early Sunday morning in a populous area on Davis Street, Syracuse’s West Side, resulting in multiple injuries. Syracuse police confirmed that 13 individuals, ranging in ages from 17 to 25, were affected in the chaos. The victims included three males and ten females, all of whom have been forecasted to recover fully.
Police responded promptly to reports of gunfire around 12:22 a.m. On arrival, officers encountered a scene of hundreds of people scattering from the incident area. The location is a side street off South Geddes Street.
The variety of injuries indicated the chaos and panic that ensued. People sustained gunshot and stab wounds while others were injured by vehicles as drivers scrambled to escape the scene. The police discovered the victims either on site or subsequently in hospitals.
- 17-year-old female, gunshot wound to the hip and midsection.
- 20-year-old female, gunshot wound to the right hip.
- 20-year-old male, gunshot wound to the forearm.
- 22-year-old female, gunshot wound to the abdomen.
- 17-year-old female, laceration to the leg and arm.
- 17-year-old male, laceration to the hand.
- 19-year-old female, laceration to the head.
- 23-year-old female, laceration to the hand.
- 24-year-old female, laceration to both legs.
- 25-year-old female, multiple lacerations to the shoulder and midsection.
Hit by vehicle
- 22-year-old male, abrasions to the side and foot.
- 22-year-old female, abrasions to the midsection.
- 23-year-old female, abrasions to the side.
Lt. Matthew Malinowski, a police spokesman, announced that more specifics about the nature of the incident and the sequence of events are under investigation and will be released in due course. The gathering’s context and the incidents leading to this disturbance are still unclear.
Read full article here